The Buyer is responsible for following the operational management of the procurement process and the related Procurement Requests assigned, in compliance with company and project procedures and under the supervision of the Procurement Manager.
Specifically, the key activities of the Buyer are:
- Carry out procurement activities according to the Procurement Manager indications and guidelines.
- Conduct bid evaluations and issue procurement orders for materials and services.
- Identify the best suppliers to buy from through sourcing, market research and negotiation.
- Carry out economic and contractual negotiations.
- Manage the issuance of procurement orders and subsequent amendments.
- Perform the procurement function using Software SAP.