The Warehouse Manager supervises the management of stocks related to the materials and spare parts required to execute a project. He collaborates with other functions to define and organize the warehouse structure (main and secondary warehouses if any) with the aim of guaranteeing an effective, correct and safe management of the stocks of materials and spare parts.
The Warehouse Manager is also responsible for optimizing the stocks and maintaining the minimum stock levels in function. He/she also managers purchase requisitions related to stocks and is responsible for transferring the goods receipts and issues are correctly posted and performs regular inventories. He/ she finally trains and facilitates the professional growth of the Storekeepers he coordinates.
The main activities you will be involved as Warehouse Manager are:
- During Project start-up: Warehouse layout, minimum initial stock, Specific project-related warehouse management procedures)
- Procurement management (To reorder sensible items, Analysing and approving the purchase requisitions issued by the warehouse)
- Warehouse management :
– Supervising warehouse operations (goods receipts, quality assurance, issues, transfers, etc.)
– Optimizing the stocks of materials and spare parts
– Preparing and analysing periodical stock management reports